With summer just around the corner we spoke to Craig Rimmer, a personal trainer at Anytime Fitness at Bradley Stoke, about the best ways to become bikini ready…
- No Plan Stan You know the old saying, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Nothing’s truer when it comes to weight loss. Planning means you know what you’re going to eat and how to prepare it. It also means you know when you will train and what you will do.
- Train with resistance to burn more calories It’s a myth that CV work is the best way to lose body fat. Sure running etc is a great way to burn calories but combine a programme with big compound movements and a little CV and not only will you burn calories while you work, but whilst you sleep too. Watch pounds drop off!
- Set realistic but challenging goals Setting goals gives you realistic targets to achieve. It motivates, ensures the body progresses and keeps your workouts focussed and structured.
- Cheat day Sticking to the perfect diet 100% of the time can be hard work. Choose a day in the week where the rules get relaxed and allow yourself that glass of wine or chocolate bar. Just make sure it’s only that one day and you don’t overindulge.
- Be patient and keep doing it right Weight loss doesn’t happen overnight. We all want results right now. Learn to appreciate the little things like looser fitting jeans, stick at it, and the big results will be just around the corner.
Remember, energy cannot be created nor destroyed – to lose weight you MUST be in a calorie deficit. How you create that deficit and choosing the right option is down to you and the way your body and life works.
For more information on how to achieve the best possible outcome from your training contact Craig on: 07841712955