From bat walks to comedy nights – North Bristol has plenty going on in October. We’ve put together some highlights…
- Bat Walk at Three Brooks Nature Reserve – join Bekki on Friday 6th October to learn all about the species of bats living in Three Brooks Nature Reserve. You might even hear them ‘click’ as they fly around echo-locating you! Contact the Three Brooks Nature Conservation Group for more information, especially if the weather’s not looking good on the day.
- Orchard Harvest Day at Winterbourne Medieval Barn – celebrate the season on Sunday 8th October where you can learn about heritage varieties of apples and watch a demonstration of traditional cider making. There’ll also be falconry displays, ferret racing and apple bobbing as well as music, dancing and food. Autumn is a lovely time and the Harvest Day at Winterbourne really is a great way to celebrate all the good things that come our way at this time of year!
- Comedy Club at Aztec Hotel & Spa – something really different is the Comedy Club on Friday October 13th. Hosted by actor & comedian James Redmond – a native Bristolian himself – three up and coming comedians will be sharing their unique and funny view on life. To book your ticket call Lauren Manning, Event Coordinator on 01454 201090or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Halloween Family Fun at Blaise Castle House Museum – October is of course the spooky month so drop into Blaise Castle House Museum on 25th October for a day of ghostly goings-on. Dress up in spooky costumes and follow the scary-fairy door trail through the gardens.
- Halloween Half Term Fun at Willow Brook Centre – Friday, October 27th. 10am – 3pm. Join in for fun at the craft table, treasure trail and walking entertainer
- Children’s Halloween Party at Doubletree by Hilton Bristol North – Bring your little pumpkins along to this afternoon of spooky fun on Sunday, October 29th 2pm – 5pm.
Let us know if you’ve got something happening in October and we’ll add it to our list!