We can’t deny it any longer; the festive season is upon us – and that means there are a host of local events coming up in the next few weeks to really help us all get into the spirit of Christmas.
We’ve put together a few here, but let us know what’s happening in your area and we’ll add it to our list.
- Willow Brook Christmas Festival – Every day from 1 – 24 December the Willow Brook Centre will be putting on some festive entertainment. From carols to karate, from arts and crafts to dance displays. The full line up is coming soon!
- Christmas Fairs – Christmas fairs have long been a traditional feature of the run up to Christmas and are still so popular because they are an excellent place to find unusual handmade gifts. We have found 3 coming up in our local area:
- St Michaels Stoke Gifford Christmas Fair on 23rd November in the Old School Rooms. There’ll be gifts, crafts, cakes and even a visit from Father Christmas
- Aztec Hotel & Spa Christmas Market in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support on 29th November from 6pm. Featuring handmade gifts from local suppliers, there’ll also be a raffle and mulled wine
- Bradley Stoke Community School Christmas Shopping & Pamper Evening on 30th November from 7pm (tickets £1). There will be beauty, fashion & gift stalls as well as the chance to book some festive pampering treatments.
- Almondsbury Christmas Lights Display – the annual display will be switched on on 2nd December and then be illuminated throughout the festive season. Last year, the display raised over £6,000 which was split between the St Peter’s Hospice and Paul’s Place charities.
- A Very Victorian Christmas at Blaise Castle Museum on 9th December from 11am. The house will be decorated with holly and evergreens from the estate and there will be carols, storytelling and dressing up. You can have a go at festive crafts or buy gifts from the shop.
- Winterbourne Medieval Barn Carols in the Barn on 16th and 17th December from 3.30pm; guaranteed to get you in the Christmas spirit! The singing will be led by members of St Michael’s Church although everyone will be encouraged to join in with the most popular carols. Mulled wine (or fruit juice) and mince pies will also be served.
If we have missed your event and you’d like to tell people about it, just comment here or on our Facebook page and we’ll spread the word.